Wednesday, December 30, 2015

Word about the Festival is getting out online

The latest report on the Festival of Glass web site shows that it's becoming increasingly effective as the public face of the Festival.

There has been a steady increase in the number of visitors to the site and in the time they spend there. For example, in the last week there have been 268 visits - a 94% increase on this time last year; and those visits were by 199 individual users - a 74% increase on this time last year.

Not only does the web site now have a substantial following of returning visitors - it continues to attract new visitors, with 34% of the week's visitors being first-timers. Further, visitors now spend an average of 2.5 minutes at the site - an increase of 10% on this time last year. Of course, the web site has expanded considerably in the past year, making a visit even more rewarding!

The overwhelming majority - 94% - of visitors to the site are from Australia; and most of the remaining 6% are from the USA. So there's work to do to promote the Festival internationally! 

Finally, while the great majority of visitors come directly to the Festival web site, 21% come via Facebook and a small percentage come via Festival exhibitors' web sites and from Mailchimp (probably as a result of the Mailchimp-based 'Friends of the Festival' newsletter).

No comments:

Post a Comment