The Festival committee has worked hard to promote the Festival in a variety of media, including print, broadcasting and online. Exhibitors at this year's Festival can be assured that the event is being promoted to a diversity of potential visitors; and that the promotions often feature exhibitors' work.
Adverts and promotional material should appear in print and broadcasting in February; much of the online promotion has been via tourism-oriented websites reaching local, regional and (inter-)national audiences.
* The City of Greater Geelong is a major sponsor of the Festival of Glass and is promoting the Festival via its web site in two ways:
The 'Events' calendar (www.geelongaustralia.com.au/events/default.aspx)
'Arts Bulletin' (www.geelongaustralia.com.au/community/arts/artsbulletin.aspx and scroll down).
* Geelong-Otway Tourism is promoting the 2013 Festival of Glass through its newsletter and through Facebook (Visit Geelong Bellarine) and Twitter (Visit Geelong Bellarine).
* 'My24/7' is a national listings site with a section devoted to Geelong. The Festival of Glass is due to be promoted in February: my24/7.com.au/geelong.whats-on/more
* 'WeekendNotes' is a listings site that covers the Bellarine Peninsula and is featuring the Festival of Glass at present: m.weekendnotes.com/festival-of-glass/
The Festival of Glass features on some state-based and national web sites that are designed to reach potential visitors to Victoria, as well as visitors who have arrived here already:
* Victorian State Government: www.vic.gov.au/calendar/2013/02
* Visit Victoria: www.visitvictoria.com/ (search for 'Festival+of+Glass')
* Flight Centre: www.flightcentre.com.au/world-travel/australia/great-ocean-road/2013-festival-of-glass-9147500 (via Great Ocean Road)
* PleaseTakeMeTo: www.pleasetakemeto.com/australia/great-ocean-road/2013-festival-of-glass-9147500
* PlanBooktravel: www.planbooktravel.com.au/ (search for '2013 Festival of Glass')
* Visit Vinyards: www.visitvineyards.com/events (click on 'events', then 'Victoria', then scroll down)
Finally, 'Beadywendy' will be a first-time exhibitor at the 2013 Festival of Glass and she wrote this in the December 2012 edition of her blog: 'February brings another big event - the Festival of Glass in Drysdale, Victoria (http://www.festivalofglass.net.au/). This will be my first time at the Festival but it was a good event for my Flaming Mathilda Friends last year. It will mean an early start to drive from Drouin (S-E of Melbourne on the M1), but hopefully well worth it.' We're looking forward to meeting you, BeadyWendy!