Saturday, January 24, 2015

A new Bellarine glass artist

Jutta Larcombe is about to exhibit her work for the first time at the 2015 Festival of Glass!

Jutta  became interested in glass after attending the fourth annual Festival of Glass in February 2014. In July 2014, she joined a weekend class with local glass artist David Hobday and, with his help and encouragement, created her first Dragon, small plates and coasters. Jutta was hooked!

"It's great therapy!"
"When I work with glass, I become totally engrossed with it and forget all around me", she said. "It's great therapy! I love the whole process, from getting an idea to getting the finished thing out of the kiln. Amazing, I never thought I could do anything like it."

The Festival committee is delighted at the emergence of a new local glass artist and pleased to have played a part in it. Festival coordinator Doug Carson said, "A major reason for holding the Festival is to develop the area's reputation as a centre for glass-related activity, so we're pleased to see the Festival encouraging new glass artists like Jutta."

No comments:

Post a Comment